Micro Focus Eases Managers’ Burden of Complex Compliance Requirements for with Identity Governance 2.5
Latest Launch Reinforces Commitment of Making Identity Governance More Efficient at Managing Risk
28 February 2017
Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO.L) continues to expand its identity portfolio and today announced its most recent release of NetIQ Identity Governance 2.5; formerly known as NetIQ Access Review. Regulatory and reporting requirements continue to become more complex, while the need to go faster is intensifying. With its latest release, Micro Focus reinforces its commitment to ease the escalating burden for managers to meet compliance standards quickly and effectively, while finding new and informed ways of managing all forms of risk.
According to industry analyst firm Gartner, “Organizations wrestle with access certification fatigue as they ask participants to review increasing numbers of items to satisfy procedural control obligations. There is significant risk that approvers and reviewers will not apply adequate consideration to access requests and certification tasks when the burden increases. Organizations have struggled with using roles and policies effectively to reduce the load of procedural controls because of poor methodological choices.”
“Traditional approaches and processes up to now have made review and certification of user privileges complex, cumbersome, and time consuming, while the amount of data included in the governance process must be aggregated and reviewed, creating significant constraints on the shrinking certification window,” said Robert Macdonald, Identity Solutions Strategist at Micro Focus. “Making more informed decisions, faster, ensures that certifications have merit and that managers are not pulled away from their core responsibilities of conducting risk management, protecting an organization’s systems, applications, files, data, and processes from unauthorized use or access.”
The latest version of NetIQ Identity Governance:
- Reduces the burden on the manager, helping navigate through even the most complex environments with:
- Peer and Usage Context - Further enhances request, approval, and certification capabilities, arming users with information about how many users have similar privileges and how often they have leveraged that privilege.
- Risk Based Certifications – Reduces the certification burden by requiring certifications for higher risk privileges and/or highlighting higher risk privileges for additional attention.
- License Cost Visibility – Arms the user and manager with license cost information at request, approval, and certification, providing valuable insight into license cost to determine how budget is impacted.
- Efficient Data Collection, Navigate Complex Environments – Quickly collects critical data to meet tight certification windows; reducing the cost and effort.
NetIQ Identity Governance by Micro Focus is available today; VLA/MLA pricing is $40 per user for a perpetual license. For more information, visit: https://www.netiq.com/products/identity-governance .
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO.L) is a global enterprise software company helping customers innovate faster with lower risk. Our software helps customers build, operate and secure IT systems that bring together existing business logic and applications with emerging technologies to meet increasingly complex business demands. For more information, visit: www.microfocus.com.