Osterman Research White Paper: Archiving and Data Protection with Microsoft Teams
Analysis based on an in-depth survey of IT decision-makers specifically for this white paper.
The number of people using Microsoft Teams exploded during 2020, driven primarily by the global health pandemic that forced most information workers to work from home. Teams became a seemingly perfect answer to urgent communication and collaboration needs as normal office-based rhythms were suddenly interrupted. User numbers leapt from 20 million in November 2019 to 145 million in April 2021.
While users are drawn to the collaboration feature set in Teams, along with its integration into the wider productivity toolset in Microsoft 365, the rapid adoption has exposed companies to a number of compliance risks.
Key Takeaways include:
- Concerns of Compliance and Legal Professionals Underrepresented
- Declining Confidence in Efficacy of Native Teams Archiving
- Compliance the Top Driver, But Legal and Internal Incidents More Common
- Many Respondents Underplay the Importance of Capturing Data in Teams
- Top Reasons for Third-Party Archiving Solutions
Fill out the form to download the white paper.