To configure the behavior of COBOL completion lists for IntelliSense, click
Tools > Options > Text Editor > Micro Focus COBOL > IntelliSense.
You can specify the following options:
- Show completion lists after a character is typed
- Check this for IntelliSense to automatically show and update a list of suggestions for words and identifiers as you are typing.
- Include reserved words - check this to see suggestions for COBOL reserved words. Only applies to native COBOL.
- Include code snippets - check this to see suggestions for code snippets.
- Include system copybooks in copybooks list
- Check this for the completion lists for COPY statements to also include copybooks that are external to the project but are included using the COBCPY environment variable.
- Include extension methods
- Enables the display of the available extension methods in the IntelliSense lists.
- Include XML special registers
- Enables the display of the XML special registers as identifiers in the IntelliSense lists.