When the region database triggers a scheduled transaction, the following sequence of events occurs:
- The scheduled transaction is triggered in the region database, which then notifies the cross-region database of the transaction
- The cross-region database sends the transaction details to the event monitor.
- The event monitor retrieves the transaction details from the region database.
- The event monitor forwards the transaction details to the dispatcher.
- The Dispatcher sends the request to the transaction queue on the region database, which handles SEP processing of the transaction.
From this point onwards, the scheduled transaction behaves in the same way as an input transaction.