ESMAC provides information about the enterprise server you are currently viewing. Use the tabs at the top of the page to access
the information that you want.
For example, click the
Server tab to display the Server Information page. The Server Information page provides information that enables you to monitor
the operation of the enterprise server, providing details on:
- Times - such as the time the enterprise server was started, and the time for which it has been available.
- Counts - such as the number of services, dumps, and trace blocks.
- Sizes - such as maximum number of tasks enabled on the server, the amount of memory available, and the size of diagnostic
- States - such as the dump state and the currently set dump datasets.
- Activity - average times taken to complete tasks.
The information provided enables you to quickly determine the state of the server. For example:
Activity information enables you to see whether any services are behaving in unexpected ways by, for example, taking more time to
complete than you expect.
State information provides information on the current dump state, showing, for example, that a dump is taken when the system abends,
but not when the service abends.
Based on the information presented on this page you can make changes using other ESMAC pages that you can access using the