Enterprise Server provides functionality for
WebSphere MQ Trigger Monitoring for IMS, allowing IMS MPP programs to be scheduled when WebSphere MQ messages arrive on a designated WebSphere
Depending on your user granted permissions, you can do all or some of the following:
- Start and stop the trigger monitor
- Generate the PSB for the trigger monitor
- Create the required XA resource
To enable trigger monitoring, IBM
WebSphere MQ Server or IBM
WebSphere MQ Client must be installed on the machine where Enterprise Server is running.
objects required for triggering must be defined. These are:
- An application queue with the trigger control set on, a recommended trigger type of 'First'. The application queue will reference
the process and initiation queue.
- A process definition with the application type set to an integer value of 3 and an application id set to the IMS MPP transaction
to be started. (The integer value of 3 for the application type is the numeric designation for IMS and ensures compatibility
WebSphere MQ UNIX installations.)
- An initiation queue
The objects need to be defined from the
command line or IDE. See IBM
Queue Parameters documentation for details on how to do this.