Use this page to start a message processing region (MPR) and perform a number of other IMS-related administration functions
for this server.
- Click this to start the IMS Message Processing Region (MPR).
- Specify the transaction classes that can run in the message processing region.
- The transaction names that can run in the message processing region.
- Check this if you want to debug the IMS transactions that will run in this message processing region.
- Click this to delete information from the system cache and to reload the current information from disk.
- Choose a command to submit and then click SUBMIT to execute the command. The results are displayed below the Command Input
- Choose this to display a list of available commands.
- /dis TRAN all
- Choose this to execute a /dis TRAN all command.
- /dis USER all
- Choose this to execute a /dis USER all command.
- /dis TPIPE all
- Choose this to execute a /dis TPIPE all command.
- /dis TPIPE free
- Choose this to execute a /dis TPIPE free command.
- /dis DB all
- Choose this to execute a /dis DB all command.
- /dump TM
- Choose this to execute a /dump TM command.
- /dump DB
- Choose this to execute a /dump DB command.
- Command Input
- Type a command to execute then click
APPLY to apply settings for the System Overview and Control.
- Message Queue Max
- The number of blocks representing the maximum size to which the IMS message queue data store can expand. The value must be
in the range of 4 through 63488.
- Current Message Queue Size
- The current size of the IMS message queue in blocks.
- The size of the cushion to be reserved for graceful lack-of-space behavior is represented as a percentage of the maximum message
queue size from 0% to 7.97%. The default cushion is 4%.
- Transaction Threshold
- Specify the maximum length of time in seconds that a transaction can run before a message is logged to the console to indicate
that it has exceeded its threshold. This must be in the range 0 through 65535. A value of 0 indicates that there is no threshold.
- Enable Q Flush Aggregate
- Enables the aggregation of transactional flushing of operating system buffers to disk.
- Q Flush Time
- An interval of time, in milliseconds, during which flush requests are held and allowed to accumulate before flushing. Valid
values are 0 through 255.
- Disable Dynamic Flushing
- Check this to disable dynamic flushing, meaning that the TM system unilaterally flushes operating system buffers to your physical
disk only at each keypoint.
- Keypoint Frequency
- Specify how many thread requests are to be processed before a keypoint is generated. This must be in the range 0 through 65535.
The default value is 64. Specifying 0 indicates that keypoints are only generated when the enterprise server starts and shuts
- Count since Last Keypoint
- This displays how many thread requests have been processed since the last keypoint.
Message Queue Diagnostics
SUMMARY to display a summary overview of IMS message queues.
DISPLAY to display a block-number/segment of the message queue as specified in the Segment field.
- Application Codeset Bias
- Displays the codeset used for this transaction:
- The transaction inherits the system bias codeset.
- The transaction uses ASCII.
- The transaction uses EBCDIC.
- ASCII Application MFS Attribute Bias
- This displays how attributes are defined for transaction programs running on this enterprise server:
- The programs define attributes as binary values, this is the default.
- The programs define attributes as characters. This setting only has an effect on programs compiled using the ASCII character
set; it is ignored for programs compiled using EBCDIC.
- ASCII Application MFS null Character Bias
- Displays the character to be use as the MFS NULL character. This can be a character or in hexadecimal form. The default is
Hexadecimal 0x00.This setting only has an effect on programs compiled using the ASCII character set; it is ignored for programs
compiled using EBCDIC.
- Trailing Blank Required - If this is true then a trailing space has to be added when entering transaction names for this enterprise
server. The default setting is true.
- TM Control Start Request
- Cold start the IMS TM message queue.
- Message Queue File Buffers
- The message queue buffer count.
- Message Queue File Size
- The current size of queue file on disk. This can change over time as a result of dynamic expansion.
- Message Queue File Name
- The message queue file name.