Use this page to view the data catalog.
To displays information about data sets, click
To add an entry for a data set to the catalog, click
Click entries in the catalog list, and then click
DELETE to delete the selected entries. Alternatively, click the delete icon
on individual rows.
- This is a filter. Enter a string of one or more characters to limit the list of data sets displayed to those that begin with
the string. For example, enter
ABC* to display only those data sets that begin with ABC. You can use a single asterisk as a wildcard.
- Cataloged Only
- Check to view just cataloged data sets or leave unchecked to view uncataloged ones as well as cataloged.
- Disable Additional Qualifiers
- Use this option to make catalog searching and filtering more consistent with the results produced on the mainframe. Check
the option to disable the use of additional qualifiers when filtering the catalog results. For example, when checked, a filter
of A.B would only return a data set of A.B. This option emulates the effect of disabling the 'Include Additional Qualifiers'
option on the mainframe. When unchecked, a filter of A.B would return all data sets starting A.B, as if A.B** had been entered.
- DS Org
- Displays the data set organization of the data set. Can be one of:
- Direct access.
- Generation data group.
- Indexed sequential.
- Partitioned data set member (Micro Focus organization).
- Physical sequential.
- Virtual storage access method.
- DS Name
- Displays the data set name of the output file, in mainframe format.
to view and modify information for a cataloged data set.
to display the content of the catalog file. If the
DS Org is partitioned (PO) then a list of the Partitioned Data Set (PDS) members will be displayed.