- If the table of servers on the Enterprise Server administration page is displayed in summary form, expand it by clicking
Details in the Communications Processes cell for the server to which you want to add the listener.
Add in the Listeners column for the communications process to which you want to add the listener.
- Specify a name for the service listener in
Endpoint Address specify a host name or IP address to replace the first asterisk (*) and a port number to replace the second asterisk. You
can leave the value as *:*, where the first asterisk (*) indicates the IP address of the current machine and the second indicates
any available port number.
Endpoint Protocol is always TCP.
- Choose an initial status from the list in
Initial Status. Usually you should choose "Stopped".
- Click one button to choose a
Supported Conversation Type for the listener:
- If you clicked
Custom in step 6, enter the name of the connector module for this type of request in the entry field next to
- Specify any configuration information the listener requires in
- Specify a text description of the listener in
Note: You can also reach the Add Listener page by clicking
Edit to the left of the server to which you want to add the listener, clicking the
Listeners tab and clicking