Use this page to specify the details of an external resource manager that the server needs to communicate with on behalf of
To access this page:
- From the Enterprise Server Administration
Home page, at the left of the
enterprise server region to configure, click
- On the server instance screen, select the
- Select the XA resource to display.
- Specify an XA resource manager (XAR) ID, used internally to identify a particular XA configuration, and must be unique within
enterprise server region. This ID is used by
JES-initiated jobs. See
Executing TSO Commands in Batch Mode (IDAEFT01),
Planning and Designing XARs for more information. Mandatory.
- Specify the name by which the XAR is known. Mandatory.
- Specify the location of the RM switch module executable file (
.so) that contains the entry point that returns the xa_switch_t structure to the enterprise server. We strongly recommend that
you include the full path to the executable file. Mandatory.
- Open string
- Specify the string that is passed to the resource manager on the xa_open() call. It usually contains at least the database name, and often the user ID and password credentials for connecting to the
database. The contents of this string are database-specific.
Where the RM switch module supports dynamic registration, and the database vendor requires the name of the module that provides
ax_reg function, you should specify
- Close string
- The string that is passed to the XAR on the xa_close() call. To find out whether or not you need to supply
Close string, see your database vendor's documentation.
- Specify an optional text description of the XAR definition.
- Check this to enable the XAR. It is checked by default.