This topic contains some questions and answers specific to
Acu4GL for DB2.
- On HP-UX platforms, which type of COBOL run time system - non-threaded or multi-threaded - should I use when connecting to
You need to use the multi-threaded RTS, because DB2 is multi-threaded. If you use the non-threaded RTS, you will get a database
connection error, because HP-UX does not allow the mixing of multi-threaded and non-threaded code.
- On other UNIX/Linux platforms, you can use either run time system.
- I'm noticing some performance degradation when accessing my DB2 data source. What is the cause of this?
- You may notice some performance impact if you were previously accessing indexed files directly. This is because DB2 adds a
software layer between your applications and your data sources. In return for minor performance impact, you can reap the benefits
of database independence and enhanced portability. Overall performance depends on several factors, including your network
configuration and your specific data source.
- Are there any library routines that do not work with or would not make sense to use with
Acu4GL for DB2?
- Yes. The C$COPY and C$RENAME library routines do not work with DB2.