If your program needs only to output XML data, the process is even simpler:
Prepare your ACUCOBOL-GT application
- Decide what data is needed in the XML file.
- Write an FD that describes that data in the desired way. Note that if you have a sequential file that already describes the
data, this step is not necessary.
- COPY the FD into your COBOL program, and compile with the "-Fa" option.
Step 2: Set up and configure the runtime system
- Install the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime, object code, data dictionaries, and COBOL data files on the end-user system.
- Create a configuration file for the runtime as described in step 2c above. Include output variables, such as:
Step 3: Run your ACUCOBOL-GT program normally