The ACUCOBOL-GT Development System includes an Internet-related Web browser graphical control. The Web browser control lets
- Facilitate seamless Web browsing from your COBOL application.
- Display Web pages containing HTML, scripting, ActiveX controls, and Java applet content.
- Display HTML pages distributed with your COBOL application.
- Include a variety of graphical and multimedia file types in your COBOL application.
- Invoke e-mail, telnet, and FTP services from your COBOL application.
- Display word processing, accounting, or presentation documents from your COBOL application.
- Display Windows objects such as folders and files from your COBOL application.
- Display Windows dialog boxes such as "Print," "Print Preview," and "Page Setup," allowing users to print the contents delivered
by the control.
- Display the Windows "Save As" dialog box allowing the user to save the current control content to a file.
- Perform "Select All" and "Copy" clipboard operations.
ACUCOBOL-GT's Web browser control is used in the same manner as other graphical controls in ACUCOBOL-GT, except it opens a
resource such as an HTML page, graphical image, video, audio, e-mail program, file folder, or any other resource that a Web
browser can open. When you include the Web browser control in your source code, your application launches Microsoft Internet
Explorer on your user's machine and displays the resource you specified.
For the control to work, your users must have Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 4.0 or later on their machine.