To call Java from your COBOL application, you can:
- Call the C$JAVA library routine. You can use configuration variables to preload the JVM and pass command-line options to it.
- Use the C$SOCKET library routine to facilitate interprocess communication via sockets
- Call the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) DLL or shared library
- Use the C$SYSTEM library routine to send a Java command line to the host machine
- Use named pipes to pass data between your COBOL and Java applications if they reside on the same host machine