We now have tools that help automate most of the tasks for migrating DB2 databases to Microsoft SQL databases, easing this process itself. These tools support the following parts of mainframe migrations:
- Database schema objects from DB2 to SQL Server
- Data between DB2 and SQL Server
- Migration and deployment of mainframe COBOL applications that use Embedded SQL for DB2 to Windows and SQL Server
- Schema Extractor — processes DB2 schema to obtain metadata for creating Microsoft SQL Data Definition Language (DDL)
- DDL Converter — takes metadata from the Schema Extractor to create DDL for Microsoft SQL
- Data Transfer — transfers data from the host to the destination database, with optional host and destination data comparison
- • Data Compare — review and verify the results of data transfers.