The Eclipse IDE provides a variety of subwindows called
views that provide specific functionality. Default views for Eclipse are:
- Application Explorer view - shows a hierarchical view of the projects and files in your workspace.
- Navigator view - provides an exact representation of the project folder and files as on disk. Not used in COBOL
- Project Explorer view - shows a hierarchical view of the files in your projects
- Console view - show the result of a process such as during building or debugging an application.
- Problems view - shows errors and warnings from the projects in your workspace.
Visual COBOL provides a number of COBOL-specific views and windows that appear by default in the Team Developer, COBOL perspective.