The AUTO clause automatically terminates an ACCEPT operation of the screen item when the last character position is keyed.
No explicit terminator key is necessary.
- The AUTO clause is allowed only with input and update fields.
- If this clause is specified at group level, it applies to all elementary subordinate items.
- AUTO and AUTO-SKIP are equivalent.
- Provided any REQUIRED or FULL clause is satisfied, the cursor is positioned to the next screen item. Alternatively, if the
screen item is the last one in the ACCEPT operation, the entire ACCEPT is terminated.
- This clause overrides any existing configuration options for automatic skipping and for the automatic termination of an ACCEPT
statement. (See your COBOL system documentation about user interfaces for details of configuration options.)
- In a fixed-format numeric-edited screen item, the AUTO clause causes the decimal point position to be skipped automatically
once all of the integer places have been filled. Selection of fixed format mode is a configuration option. (See your COBOL
system documentation about user interfaces for details of configuration options.)