The LINE clause specifies the line at which the screen item starts on the screen.
- Identifier-1 must be an unsigned numeric integer and must contain a value greater than zero and less than 256.
- Integer-1 must be unsigned, greater than zero and less than 256.
- PLUS and "+" are equivalent.
- Omitting the NUMBER phrase results in a default value of PLUS 1.
- The current line is assumed for screen descriptions which omit the LINE clause.
- The LINE clause can be specified with any elementary item.
- When the LINE clause is specified anywhere within the hierarchy of a Screen Section group item, then at least one of the following
clauses must also be specified within the same group definition: BEEP, BELL, BLANK LINE, BLANK SCREEN, ERASE EOL, ERASE EOS,
FROM, TO, USING, or VALUE.
- The value of identifier-1 or integer-1 is restricted by the physical limits of the screen; for example, the Windows limit
- The LINE clause specifies the line on which the screen item is to appear on the screen in an ACCEPT or DISPLAY operation.
- If the LINE clause has identifier-1 or integer-1 but does not specify PLUS,
"+" or "-",
the clause gives an absolute line number within the screen record. Each 01 level represents a screen record. The AT phrase
of the ACCEPT and DISPLAY statements specifies the positioning of the start of the screen record relative to the start of
the display screen. If the AT phrase is not specified, then line 1 is the first line on the screen.
- If PLUS,
"+" or "-",
is specified in the LINE clause, then the line number is relative to that at which the preceding screen item ends, regardless
of whether or not the statement displays the preceding item on the screen. This depends on the current effective length of
that item at run time, derived from its PICTURE, VALUE and SIZE clauses. The counting of line numbers restarts at a level
01 item at line 1.
- If a Screen Description contains neither a LINE or COLUMN clause, and the item is not a level 01 item, COLUMN PLUS 1 is assumed.
The item then starts immediately following the preceding item in the Screen Section.
- If a LINE position that is specified is off the screen, the ACCEPT or DISPLAY is truncated.
- If PLUS
"+" or "-",
is specified in the LINE clause, and an ACCEPT or DISPLAY statement referencing the Screen Section item includes the AT LINE
NUMBER phrase, the line number at which this item is presented is the sum or difference of the two numbers.