Restriction: This applies to native code only.
To write a class in OO COBOL which can be called from Java, you need to do the following:
- Set the following directive in your program:
- Ensure that the OO COBOL class inherits from javabase.
- Create a Java wrapper class for the OO COBOL class. The wrapper class must have the same class name as the filename of the
OO COBOL class.
- For each method that you create in your OO COBOL class, create a corresponding method in the Java wrapper class.
- Package the class inside a .dll file when deploying it on Windows platforms.
You can also use classes compiled to
.gnt, but this does not allow you to package several classes inside one file.