You should note the following restrictions in behavior when using your own file handler:
- Filenames passed to the custom file handler in the FCD are as specified by the caller; that is, they are not mapped.
- The module name and entry point name for a custom file handler can each be up to 30 characters long.
- Custom file handlers are not supported in the .NET environment.
- The behavior of other file handling functionality (such as XFHTRACE and Rebuild) is undefined when using custom file handlers.
- For configurable DYNREDIR, the format of the fhredir entries are the same as for the Fileshare server and have the same limitations.
- Configurable DYNREDIR and non-configurable DYNREDIR cannot be used at the same time.