The underlying file system affects the value to which this File Handler configuration option should be set.
- Do not set FILEMAXSIZE to 8 under any of the following circumstances:
- You are running applications on an operating system which does not support a 64-bit file system.
- You are running applications that access FAT file systems, since such file systems do not support file addressibility greater
than 32-bit file addressing.
- If any accessing program needs to access a shared file in a 32-bit file system.
- You are sharing files with applications using earlier versions of the Micro Focus COBOL product that only supported 32-bit
- All applications accessing a file must run with the File Handler configured with the same value for FILEMAXSIZE.
- Only 32-bit (4GB) support is provided for Novell systems.
In these situations you must set FILEMAXSIZE to 4.