Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
Visual COBOL provides an integration of
Enterprise Server with
Visual Studio. This means you can use the IDE to administer servers as follows:
- Create enterprise servers directly from within the IDE -
Visual COBOL provides pre-configured server templates as well as temporary servers if you need to quickly create a server and deploy one
or more projects to it.
- Export server definitions in XML format or as ZIP archives.
- Import servers using their definition files.
- Start and stop servers.
- Associate servers with a Mainframe Subsystem project from Server Explorer or Solution Explorer.
- View the server catalog and spool files when debugging or running an application.
- View the server logs about creating, starting or stopping a server and, for local servers, view the
Enterprise Server console log. The information from the log is shown in the
- Access the
Enterprise Server Administration page - this opens the page within the IDE.