Visual COBOL provides a number of demonstration applications
the DB2 ECM.
You can access these via the
Visual COBOL Samples Browser. For instructions on how to start
the Visual COBOL Samples Browser, see
To start the Samples Browser.
All DB2 ECM samples are listed on the
Show managed only list in the Visual COBOL Samples Browser.
The source files are located in subdirectories under
%PUBLIC%\Documents\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\Samples\sql\db2ecm.
Each sample application comes with a
Readme file to explain how to use the application.
The following applications are provided:
- DB2 ECM - Connect
- Shows the syntax variants for connecting to and disconnecting from a DB2 database using Type 1 CONNECTs that IBM DB2 LUW supports.
- DB2 ECM - Db2storedproc
- Shows how to create and call a COBOL stored procedure using IBM DB2 LUW.
- DB2 ECM - Dynamic
- A simple example of using dynamic SQL with IBM DB2 LUW, performing a variety of SQL operations. If this program was written
as a STATIC SQL program, it would have to be broken apart into two programs, since static SQL requires that the table exists
beforehand or it would cause a Compiler error.
- DB2 ECM - LOB Data Types
- Illustrates the use of LOB LOCATOR and VALUES functions to retrieve LOB data from DB2 LUW.
- DB2 ECM - Select
- A simple example of using both singleton SELECT and cursor-based FETCH statements with IBM DB2 LUW.
- DB2 ECM - Whenever
- Shows how to use EXEC SQL WHENEVER statements for error handling, and the DB2(MSGAREA) Compiler directive to specify a COBOL
variable for retrieving error message text larger than the 70 bytes provided in SQLERRMC.