Walks you through the process of defining a REST Web service using the Interface Mapping Toolkit (IMTK), deploying it to an
Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
Before You Begin
Before beginning this tutorial, be sure that you have completed all tasks outlined in the
Prerequisites section of the
Tutorials: Interface Mapping Toolkit topic.
To complete the steps in the
Send an AJAX Request and
Resend an AJAX Request sections of this tutorial, you must have access to a browser that supports Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
In this tutorial, you work through the following tasks:
- Review the code in the COBOL demonstration application to become familiar with how it works
- Create, configure, and populate a Visual Studio solution and project
- Using the Interface Mapping Toolkit (IMTK), define a REST Web Service to access the COBOL application
- Create and configure an enterprise server instance on which to run the REST Web service.
- Deploy the Web service to the enterprise server
- Send an AJAX request to the Web service
Complete this tutorial by following the instructions in the following topics in the order listed here. The bottom of each
Previous topic and
Next topic navigational links to help you proceed through the tutorial in its proper sequence: