You set general options for the COBOL text editor in
Tools > Options > Text Editor >
COBOL, and on the
- Statement completion
- Auto list members
- Enables IntelliSense to automatically display a list of the available members of an object when writing code.
- Hide advanced members
- Hides the members that are marked internally as advanced.
- Parameter information
- Shows information about the parameters available for functions and procedures.
- Enable virtual space
- Enables writing in the editor after the end of a line of code.
- Word wrap
- Enables word wrap for lines of the code that are longer than the visible range.
- Apply Cut or Copy command to blank lines when there is no selection
- Enables you to copy or cut the blank lines in the code.
- Line numbers
- Displays the line numbers in the editor.
- Enable single-click URL navigation
- Enables opening the URLs in the text with a single click of the mouse.
- Navigation bar
- Displays the navigation bar at the top of the COBOL editor which enables you to use the lists for objects and procedures.