To insert records
- In the Data File Editor unformatted view, select a record.
Edit > Data File Editor; then, depending on your file type, select one of the following options:
- Insert Record Before
- Inserts a record immediately before the selected record. Sequential and line sequential files only.
- Insert Record After
- Inserts a record immediately after the selected record. Sequential and line sequential files only.
- Insert Indexed Record
- Inserts a record with a unique prime key. If you have applied record layouts, you can select a record layout to use to initialize
the new record. Indexed files only.
- Insert Relative Record
- Inserts a record using user-specified and previously unused relative record number.
- Repeat Record
- Inserts a new record, duplicating the information in the selected record. For indexed and relative files, you must provide
a unique prime key or a relative record number respectively.
- Multi Repeat Records
- Inserts the same record multiple times. You specify the number of times to repeat the record. Sequential and line sequential