The properties on the
Report Generation page in
Tools > Options > Micro Focus > Code Coverage enable you to configure the code coverage report file.
Note: This facility is supported in native COBOL only.
- Warn if no Code Coverage information on launch
- Check this to see a warning if no projects in the solution have code coverage enabled and you execute your application in
code coverage mode.
- Produce a single report file
- Check this for code coverage to produce a single report file, instead of individual ones on a per program basis.
- Show summary of CALLed subroutines
- Check this to include a summary of the CALLed subroutines in the report. Called subprograms are listed alphabetically. The
CALL overhead in COBOL can be considerable, and this lets you identify the most commonly called routines.
- Show summary of verbs used
- Check this to include a summary of the COBOL verbs used in the report. Verbs are listed in descending order of execution.
The columns used are:
- occurs - the number of occurrences of that verb in a program
- coverage - the number of this type of statement that were covered, and what percentage of these verbs it represents
- executed - the total of all the execution counts for this type of statement, and the percentage of the program's total execution
count this represents
- Show the total execution count for each data item in the program
- Check this for the report to include the total execution count for each data item in the program - that is, it totals the
execution counts for all statements in which a data item is referenced. This report also identifies misaligned 2-, 3- or 4-byte
- Show basic block number of each statement in rightmost column
- Check this for the report to display the basic block number of each statement in the rightmost column. Blocks can be thought
of as a number of contiguous statements with no jumps. They are executed consecutively. Lines within a block will have the
same basic block number. There is a limit of 65535 basic blocks per program.
- Generate coverage statistics for lines tagged with (, delimited)
- Specify the tags (specific text in columns 1-6) in your source code for which you want the report to generate specific information.
, as a separator.