OpenESQL Assistant can generate the following types of EXEC SQL auxiliary code:
- CONNECT Statement
- Generates a CONNECT statement based on known information about your current data source connection.
- Type 6 CONNECT Statement
- Generates a type 6 CONNECT statement, allowing the application to connect to data sources that are not cataloged.
- SQLCA Declaration
- Generates an INCLUDE statement to include an SQL Communications Area (SQLCA) in your program.
- Host Variable Declarations
- For each table that you have selected, the OpenESQL Assistant generates a copybook that includes all of the host variable
declarations you need. The OpenESQL Assistant can also generate the INCLUDE statement necessary to include the copybook in
- OpenESQL Assistant DISCONNECT Statement
- Generates a DISCONNECT statement to disconnect from the current data source.
- COMMIT Statement
- Generates a COMMIT statement to commit changes to a data source issued from a previous SQL statement.
- ROLLBACK Statement
- Generates a ROLLBACK statement to rollback changes to a data source issued by a previous SQL statement or statements.
- Generic SQL
- Generates a skeleton SQL
program that includes the INCLUDE SQLCA, CONNECT and DISCONNECT SQL statements and a default SQL error routine.
- CALL Stored Procedure
- Generates the code to call the stored procedure when creating a SQL CLR stored procedure query.