- Open the project that contains the program into which you want to embed the SQL.
- Open the appropriate program in the program editor.
- Place your cursor at the point in your program where you want the auxiliary code to appear.
- In the OpenESQL Assistant, click the
Auxiliary Code tab.
EXEC ADO connected, or
EXEC ADO disconnected, depending on the type of code you want to generate.
- If you want to specify a data set name for EXEC ADO, type the data set name into the
Dataset name field. Optional.
Insert Query into Current Program
Note: To enable OpenESQL Assistant to generate EXEC ADO code, be sure to check the
Generate EXEC ADO option when you set options for OpenESQL.