Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
- In the table of servers on the Home page of Enterprise Server Administration, click
Edit to the left of the row for the server for which you want to change the number of instances.
General page is displayed.
- On the Export Server page, specify the location to which you want to save the server information in
Target directory. This defaults to
%ALLUSERS%\Micro Focus\Enterprise Developer\mfds.
If the location you specified contains previously exported information, you will now be presented with a confirmation page.
This displays details of the information currently held in the target location. The details shown include: any Enterprise
Servers, the Security Manager pool, and Security Manager lists and security configuration settings.
If you confirm the export, existing information in the target location will be overwritten.
- When you export server information, you create a backup copy of the server definition.
- If you specify a directory that does not exist, it will be created if the directory containing it exists; otherwise it will
not be created and the export will fail.
- You can export all server definitions in the MF Directory Server repository. See
To export the repository.
- For instructions on importing server definitions, see
To import a repository.