- This facility is supported in native COBOL only.
- Micro Focus recommends that you do not use test coverage in a production system because of the increased requirements on system
resources when running in test coverage mode.
To use test coverage in a production system, you need:
- To ship the file
testcover.dll which enables your users to run a program that has been compiled with the TESTCOVER directive. This file is in the
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\bin directory by default.
- To supply the
.idy and the
.cpy files for the production code. This enables your user to produce
.tcz results files.
- The TCReport executable file,
tcreport.exe. You need this file in order to produce reports, as it is used to match the source lines in the code with the results.
- To ship the appropriate test coverage configuration (.tcf) file.
- To ensure your user sets up the TESTCOVER environment variable.