If you specify the RM Compiler directive when you submit your source files to your COBOL system and a record is found to be
locked, the following happens:
- If the file has an applicable Declaratives Section and it has a file status value associated with it:
- processing is transferred to the Declaratives Section
- the record area contains the correct record from the read
- the I-O status code indicates the "record locked" condition
- If the file has no applicable Declaratives Section or file status value associated with it, the locked record is continually
retried until its lock is released.