Infrastructure as Code: How the Experts Do DevOps
CFEngine founder Mark Burgess predicts what's ahead in IaC and continuous delivery
"Infrastructure as code" (IaC) addresses the scale and complexity of today's IT infrastructures, playing a key role in DevOps processes like continuous delivery.
Mark Burgess, DevOps expert and co-founder of CFEngine, forecasts the future of continuous delivery, IaC, and configuration management.
Request the webinar to learn:
- The difference between what continuity means for operations vs. development
- The best way to build something new… without building it from scratch
- Why "mere automation" isn't enough
- Lessons from the parable of the space shuttle and the 707 jet
- 4 predictions for the future of continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Dive deep into information infrastructure with one of the key leaders of DevOps today.
ABOUT MARK BURGESS
Mark Burgess is a theoretician and practitioner in the area of information systems. His work has focused largely on distributed information infrastructure, in particular configuration management and promise theory. He was the principal Founder of CFEngine and is emeritus professor of Network and System Administration at Oslo University College. He is the author of numerous books, articles, and papers on topics from physics to network and system administration to fiction. He also writes a blog on issues of science and IT industry concerns.
This webinar is part of the DevOps Drive-In series.