Thank you for visiting this website controlled by Micro Focus International plc and/or any of its group companies or affiliates ("We," "Our," "Us" or "Micro Focus").
You must not (i) attempt any unauthorized access to Our Website, the server on which it is stored, or any server, computer, or database to which it is connected to Our site or (ii) attack Our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. Breach of this provision may constitute a criminal offence under applicable laws. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, cooperate with those authorities, and disclose your identity to them.
We may collect certain personal information about You solely in connection with Your access and use of Our Website. Our use of that information is governed by the provisions of Our Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Micro Focus International plc and its affiliates, and their licensors and suppliers, own all intellectual property rights in all Materials, as well as their arrangement, on Our Website. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any Material is strictly prohibited without Our express written consent or that of the copyright owner.
We authorize only the limited uses of Our Website expressly described above. Any other use of Our Website is prohibited. All rights, title and interest not expressly granted are reserved. Unauthorized use of Our Website and Materials may violate intellectual property laws of the United States and those of other countries.
You may only use a crawler to crawl Our Website as permitted by Our Website's robots.txt protocol. We may block any crawlers at Our sole discretion.
Please refer to and abide by the examples of things to avoid described in Our Acceptable Use Policy. You must follow Our Acceptable Use Policy whenever You (i) use areas of Our Website (e.g., chat rooms, customer ratings, review areas, community and support forums) that permit You to submit feedback, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials (each, a "User Submission") or (ii) otherwise use our Website or any services offered from Our Website.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and ask You to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at Our discretion, terminate access to and use of Our Website for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If You believe that Your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on Our Website, please let Us know by following the procedures found here Claims of Infringement on Our Websites
OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF OUR WEBSITE IS WITH YOU. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY) WITH RESPECT TO OUR WEBSITE, WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF PROBLEMS OR ERRORS. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, We make no warranty that Our Website will meet Your requirements or that Our Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free or that defects in Our Website will be corrected. We make no warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of Our Website or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through Our Website. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You through Our Website or from Us or Our officers, directors, employees, or agents (collectively, "Micro Focus Parties") shall create any warranty.
In no event will We be liable, in connection with Our Website or these, for (i) any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or similar damages; loss of profits, business, data (including, but not limited to, personal data) or programs (including, but not limited to, the cost of recovery or replacement of such data or programs); loss, damage or any costs due to interruption, delay or inability to use any of Our products or services, even if informed of the possibility of such damages in advance or (ii) any amount greater than One Hundred Dollars ($100). However, nothing in this provision limits any liability which may not be excluded or limited by applicable law.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations of liability may not apply to You. To the extent that any Micro Focus Party may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of the Micro Focus Party's liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of Our Website and/or any products, programs, services and other offerings provided through or in connection with Our Website at any time without notice to You.
We suggest You consult Your local Micro Focus business contact for information regarding the products, programs, services and any other offerings that may be available to You via or in connection with Our Website.
Our name, Our logos and other trademarks used by Us are registered trademarks of Our entities. You may use Our word marks, in text, to refer fairly and accurately to Us and Our products and services, subject to the guidelines below. Our logos are reserved for use by Us and those of Our partners and licensees that have a written agreement with Us that specifically authorizes logo use. No other use of Our logos or stylized marks is permitted. You may not use Our trademarks in a manner likely to mislead or confuse third parties, including regarding Your relationship with Us, any sponsorship or endorsement of Your company, products or services, or the origin of Your products or services. Any such use is unlawful and expressly prohibited. Please consult and abide by Our Trademark Guidelines regarding additional limitations on any use or reproduction of Our logos and other trademarks.
For Your convenience, You may create links to Our Website from other websites. Unless an express agreement states otherwise, You must comply with the following terms and all applicable laws if You provide anyone with a link to Our Website:
To the extent that Materials are downloaded for use by a department or agency of the U.S. government, or on its behalf by a prime contractor or subcontractor at any tier, consistent with the applicable provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulation ("FAR") and supplements thereto, including the Department of Defense FAR Supplement ("DFARS"), commercial software, documentation and technical data for commercial items are licensed under Our standard commercial license terms.
We may administer Our Websites from Our offices in various jurisdictions, including the United States and United Kingdom. We make no representation that Our Websites are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Access to Our Websites from jurisdictions where its contents are illegal or restricted is prohibited. If you choose to access Our Websites, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
Materials available on Our Websites are subject to statutes, orders, or regulations which impose embargoes or control the export of goods, technology, software, supplies, and services, including weapons of mass destruction and arms, military, paramilitary and security equipment and dual-use items (items designed for civil use but which can be used for military purposes), and certain drugs and chemicals (collectively, "export controls"). You agree to comply with all export and re-export restrictions and regulations of the U.S. Departments of Commerce and Treasury and any other United States agencies and authorities, or those of other countries in connection with your use of Our Websites and to not, in violation of any laws, transfer, or authorize the transfer of, any Materials to a prohibited country or otherwise in violation of any laws. In particular, but without limitation, Materials may not, in violation of any laws, be exported, re-exported or otherwise transferred, directly or indirectly, to (i) embargoed or sanctioned countries or territories (currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan and the Crimea Territory but subject to update as required from time to time by law and regulation) or to nationals and parties from those countries; (ii) any parties subject to trade control sanctions or blocking measures, including those designated on any of the lists of denied or restricted parties included in the United States Departments of State, Commerce and Treasury Consolidated Screening List (available at http://export.gov/ecr/eg_main_023148.asp) or by the European Union (EU) (available at https://data.europa.eu/euodp/en/data/dataset/consolidated-list-of-persons-groups-and-entities-subject-to-eu-financial-sanctions); (iii) in breach of the United Kingdom's Export Control Order 2008 (as amended); or (iv) for use in the design, development, or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or missile technology, or any other prohibited use. By accessing or downloading any Materials subject to any such restrictions and regulations, you represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list, and (b) you are not located in or a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria which list is subject to update as required from time to time by law and regulation, or (c) you are not restricted from receiving U.S. or U.K. goods; and that you will comply with all applicable U.S. and U.K. export laws and host country import laws.
When You visit Our Website or send e-mails to Us, You are communicating with Us electronically. We may respond to You by e-mail or by posting notices on Our Website. You agree that all such notices, disclosures, and other communications that We provide to You electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Except as provided below, all Disputes shall be resolved through mandatory and binding arbitration. The arbitration shall take place in Santa Clara County, State of California before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those Rules. Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude Us from seeking equitable remedies as set forth below. The prevailing party in any legal proceeding shall recover its expenses in connection therewith, including reasonable attorney's fees. Except as required by applicable Law, the existence, content and result of all Dispute resolution proceedings will be confidential and will not be disclosed (other than to the extent required to enforce any agreement or award). You and We will each request that the arbitrator comply with such confidentiality requirement.
You acknowledge that, in the event You breach (or attempt or threaten to breach) Your obligations regarding Our intellectual property, We may be irreparably harmed and may proceed immediately seek equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. If a court of competent jurisdiction should find that You have breached (or attempted or threatened to breach) any such obligations, You agree that, without any additional findings of irreparable injury or other conditions to injunctive relief, You will not oppose the entry of an appropriate order compelling Your performance and restraining You from any further breaches (or attempted or threatened breaches).
Our Websites contain forward-looking statements that are subject to assumptions, risks and uncertainties associated with, among other items, the changing economic and business conditions in the countries, sectors and business segments in which We operate. These forward-looking statements involve a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties, e.g., numerous assumptions regarding Our present and future business strategies and the environments in which We operate. They are not guarantees and may prove inaccurate. Actual outcomes could differ materially from those expressed or implied in these forward-looking statements. Please do not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. We disclaim any obligation to update or revise any of them, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise except as required by any applicable laws or regulations.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice:
This Privacy Notice provides information on the collection, use, sharing and processing of personal information by Micro Focus and its affiliates ("we" or "us") in connection with your use of Micro Focus website, social media pages that link to this Privacy Notice, your interactions with Micro Focus during in-person meetings or at Micro Focus events, and in the context of other offline sales and marketing activities. This Privacy Notice also explains the choices you have in relation to these processing activities.
This Privacy Notice can change over time, for example to comply with legal requirements or to meet changing business needs. The most up-to-date version can be found on this website. In case there is an important change that we want to highlight to you, we will inform you in another way (for example via a pop-up notice or statement of changes on our website).
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal information by Micro Focus of:
Micro Focus and its affiliated entities are responsible for processing your personal information described in this Privacy Notice.
Micro Focus can process information about you collected both offline and online.
Offline information about you originates from our interactions with you during in-person meetings or at Micro Focus events, conferences and workshops.
Online information about you originates from your activities on our website, for example, in relation to inquiries or subscription to information, or from your interactions with Micro Focus via electronic communication tools such as email, text and telephone. Information about you may also be provided by third party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a relationship with you, but you have consented for your information to be shared.
Information about you that Micro Focus may collect and process includes:
Please note that Micro Focus does not control the content that you may post to Micro Focus on social media networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
Micro Focus will use personal information for the following purposes:
For personal information collected about you in the EU (to include the UK), our basis for processing is the following:
Micro Focus maintains personal information for the following retentions periods:
As a global organisation, information about you may be shared globally throughout the Micro Focus worldwide organisation. Micro Focus employees are authorised to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve applicable purposes in order to perform their job functions.
We share personal information with the following third parties:
When third parties are given access to personal information, we will take appropriate contractual, technical and organisational measures designed to ensure that personal information is processed only to the extent that such processing is necessary, consistent with this Privacy Notice, and in accordance with applicable laws.
Micro Focus is a global organisation with operations in over 40 countries ? personal information is processed globally. If personal information is transferred to a Micro Focus recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, Micro Focus will take measures designed to adequately protect information about you, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses.
Micro Focus has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
To can exercise your choices by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose (but not sell) to a third party personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer.
You have the right under the CCPA, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information, or we have a legal obligation to disclose your information.
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, Micro Focus's website is not directed to minors and Micro Focus does not promote or market its services to minors. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our website please notify us at email@example.com.
Micro Focus is not aware of any justifiable reasons that would constitute a legitimate reason for objecting or complaining about the way we process or control information.
Questions and comments regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Team at the corporate headquarters address listed in section 16 below.
Micro Focus's corporate headquarters are located at:
22-30 Old Bath Road
Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QN
Micro Focus LLC
4555 Great America Parkway, Ste 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States of America
In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, our priority is to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, contractors, and visitors. If you are visiting any Micro Focus premises in the foreseeable future, you may be asked to complete a COVID-19 symptom self-declaration form and/or take part in a temperature check (if local directives so require) before being permitted entry to the premises.
As part of these procedures, the information we may collect includes:
(a) in respect of the self-declaration: personal identification information (including your name, employer, email address and telephone number) and confirmation that, in the 21 days prior to your visit, you have or have not experienced any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and are or are not aware of having been in contact with any individual that has presented any symptoms consistent with COVID-19; and
(b) in respect of the temperature check: your temperature reading by way of thermal forehead screening.
If temperature checks are implemented by Micro Focus, your temperature reading will not be recorded or stored by Micro Focus, will not be attributable to you in any way and will only be used by Micro Focus personnel to determine whether your temperature reading falls within the requirements to permit access to Micro Focus premises. The thermal screening will be carried out safely, discretely, and respectfully and in accordance with local requirements. The reading will be securely deleted following the determination relating to your access.
If written self-declarations are implemented by Micro Focus, we will only collect and process the data you provide in order to determine whether you can access the relevant Micro Focus premises.
Micro Focus is processing data (including health related data) in respect of these two procedures in order to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and to keep our premises safe for all attending individuals. This is necessary to ensure we comply with our employment law obligations, but also for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health (as permitted by Article 9(2)(i) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation).
The self-declaration forms will be electronically stored centrally and securely, and will only be retained for as long as is necessary (depending on the duration of your visit) to maintain a safe working environment, taking into account local government advice and ongoing risks. Thereafter, the data will be securely deleted by way of shredding as soon as reasonably practical and, in any event, within 22 days of the end of your visit (or series of visits). The data will not be shared with any third party.
Please note that if you do not wish to comply with these procedures, or if your temperature result and/or declaration does not meet the relevant requirements, in the interests of the health and safety of our office you will politely be asked to leave the Micro Focus premises and should inform your Micro Focus contact directly that you are unable to attend.
Please refer to sections 1-16 for further details about our collection and processing of personal data in the context of our day to day business activities, your rights in respect of the information we process, our company details (as a data controller) and how to contact our Privacy Team if you have any questions.
This Code of Conduct replaces the Standards of Business Conduct and The Worldwide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Micro Focus works diligently to ensure that the user interfaces of all of its products are designed to make product functionality accessible to people with physical, sensory, or cognitive disabilities. This is in conformance with the Section 508 amendment to the United States Workforce Rehabilitation Act and required by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Detailed information on conformance of any Micro Focus product to Section 508 requirements is provided in a standardized form called a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) which is available from Micro Focus upon request.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act and covers the Micro Focus financial year starting on 1 November 2018 and ending on 31 October 2019. This statement has been approved by Micro Focus International plc's Board of Directors on 25 March 2020 and is published on behalf of Micro Focus International plc and its qualifying group companies. References to "Micro Focus", "we", "us", "our" or the "company" are to each of these entities.
Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO.L, NYSE: MFGP) helps organizations run and transform their business. Driven by customer-centric innovation, our software provides the critical tools they need to build, operate, secure, and analyse the enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies—enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation. Our solutions span four key areas:
Micro Focus is headquartered in Newbury (United Kingdom) and the Group has a presence in 48 countries worldwide and employs over 12,000 people. For more information visit www.microfocus.com.
As an office-based software company with a professional workforce, Micro Focus does not consider its own employees to be at high-risk from a slavery, forced labour or human trafficking point of view.
Micro Focus also does not have an extensive range of local or international suppliers and does not operate any manufacturing facilities. Our supply chain broadly consists of contract and outsourced workers (mostly professional consultants), telephone-based support services, and other goods and services provided in relation to our offices, such as stationery suppliers, caterers, office cleaners and suppliers of marketing merchandise.
We are nonetheless committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery, forced labour and human trafficking does not take place anywhere in our business or supply chains.
We continue to develop our risk-based approach to avoid modern slavery occurring in our supply chains. This includes informing our suppliers of Micro Focus' obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the ethical standards expected of them by providing them with a copy of the relevant policies.
We review our procurement practices, systems and controls to further identify, assess and monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains, and identify ways to further mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains. We include requests for information on modern slavery and supply chains in our Requests for Proposals. We also incorporate appropriate clauses on modern slavery in supplier contracts where applicable. Micro Focus' standard form purchase order terms (last updated in June 2019) include express obligations upon suppliers to comply with all applicable anti-modern slavery laws as well as Micro Focus' Modern Slavery Statement. Further, suppliers are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that slavery, servitude, human trafficking, forced labour and/or child labour do not take place in its supply chains and/or in any part of its business, and suppliers are required to notify Micro Focus immediately if they become aware of any such circumstances.
Micro Focus' worldwide Code of Conduct is reviewed annually and was last updated in July 2019. The Code of Conduct outlines our commitment to observing the highest ethical standards that guide our business practices across a number of areas, including in relation to human rights.
The Code of Conduct has been communicated to all our staff (including through dedicated training), and includes our Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
Our Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy outlines our zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking and encourages employees to report any concerns immediately.
In addition, we have both an Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy and a Whistleblowing Policy. Together, these policies aim to ensure that our business is conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and that employees are able to voice any concerns they may have securely and confidentially.
We have also published our Supplier Code of Conduct, which includes details of our standards on issues such as slavery, human trafficking, forced labour and child labour, for implementation across the total Micro Focus group. The Supplier Code of Conduct is available in the Micro Focus Supplier Portal.
We carry out assessments to ensure that suppliers are not on restricted parties lists.
Social responsibility and the respect for human rights is a core value at Micro Focus and shapes our behaviours, decision-making and culture. Our global Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme covers every aspect of the organisation, from how we play our part in shifting to a lower carbon economy and reducing the effects of climate change, to how we manage relationships with employees, suppliers, customers and communities. The Micro Focus CSR Committee is responsible for ensuring that the company has a fit for purpose CSR programme and supporting policies.
For more information on our CSR initiatives, please see here.
Information on modern slavery is included in our company-wide Code of Conduct and related training. This training takes place annually and is obligatory for all employees, including our sales, marketing, legal, procurement and finance teams.
In 2019, we conducted web-based Code of Conduct training to over 12,000 regular employees and face-to-face workshop training to over 1,100 employees in higher-risk countries.
The Board of Micro Focus International plc has overall responsibility for ensuring that the Micro Focus worldwide Code of Conduct and this statement comply with our legal and ethical obligations and that all those under Micro Focus' control comply with it.
Our Group Compliance Officer, supported by the Corporate Compliance and Ethics team, has primary and day-to-day responsibility for monitoring the Code of Conduct and this statement's use and effectiveness.
If issues are identified in relation to modern slavery, these should be immediately reported to the relevant manager, the Legal Team or by using a dedicated confidential independent contact point: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/104674/index.html
Chief Executive Officer
Micro Focus International plc
These MICRO FOCUS MARKETPLACE END USER PARTICIPATION TERMS ("Participation Terms") are a legal contract between you and, as applicable, Micro Focus International plc or one of its group companies or affiliates ("Micro Focus") and apply to your use of a Micro Focus marketplace (the "Marketplace") and your use of applications made available in the Marketplace (each, an "Application"). These Participation Terms are effective beginning with your initial use of the Marketplace.
Where Micro Focus is the Application Provider, the license to the Application is governed by the Micro Focus EULA found at www.microfocus.com/en-us/legal/software-licensing, effective beginning with your initial use of that Application. Please note that Micro Focus has authorized third parties to contribute Applications of such third parties to the Marketplace and the use of that third-party Application is governed by the terms and conditions specified by the third party rather than by the Micro Focus EULA.
If you do not agree to these Participation Terms, you may not use, download from, or otherwise access the Marketplace. Using, downloading, or otherwise accessing any part of the Marketplace indicates that you accept these Participation Terms. You must be at least 13 (thirteen) years of age to use or access the Marketplace. If you are at least 13 but under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission to use or access the marketplace.
2. LIMITED ROLE OF MICRO FOCUS: Your agreement with each third-party Application Provider is a binding agreement between you and that Application Provider only. Such third party is solely responsible for the corresponding Application, the content therein, any warranties to the extent that such warranties have not been disclaimed, and any claims relating to that Application. You acknowledge that, except in situations where Micro Focus is the Application Provider, Micro Focus is not a party to the agreement between you and the Application Provider. Micro Focus is not responsible for any third-party Application, the content therein, or any warranties or claims that you or any other party may have relating to that Application. You further acknowledge and agree that, with respect to any Application for which Micro Focus is not the Application Provider, Micro Focus is a third-party beneficiary of the corresponding EULA and, in such capacity, has the right to enforce such EULA against you.
3. PRICES AND TAXES: Prices will be as set out on the Marketplace at the time an order is submitted. Prices are exclusive of taxes, duties, and fees (including installation, shipping, and handling) unless otherwise quoted.
4. INVOICES AND PAYMENT: You agree to pay all invoiced amounts at the time of purchase. Micro Focus may suspend or cancel performance of open orders if You fail to make payments when due. All sales are final.
5. RESTRICTIONS: You agree that Micro Focus and/or third parties own all right, title and interest in and to the Marketplace as a whole and all Applications as to which Micro Focus is the Application Provider (including all patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights relating thereto). Each Application is licensed for use only for a single Micro Focus account, and you may not distribute or make the Application available over a network or for use with multiple devices. You may not modify or alter an Application or use it other than as expressly authorized by the corresponding EULA; provided that, if applicable law permits you to copy or modify the Application, then you may copy and modify the Application solely to the extent, and for such purposes as, expressly permitted by applicable law. You may not attempt to, or assist or encourage any other person or entity to circumvent, disable or modify any security technology or software that is part of the Application or specified by Micro Focus. Except as expressly authorized herein or in such EULA, all rights in the Applications are reserved by the Application Providers. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Marketplace or services available through Applications you have downloaded. You further agree that you will not use any Applications you download to interfere with or otherwise disrupt any servers, networks, websites or services.
6. MICRO FOCUS HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, CHANGE OR TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE MARKETPLACE OR APPLICATIONS FOUND IN THE MARKETPLACE: Micro Focus reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to add, remove, disable access to, block, or modify the Marketplace or to impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or portions of the Marketplace. In the event Micro Focus determines in good faith that it is appropriate to do so, due to changes in the obligations to, or restrictions imposed by, its third-party licensors or partners, an Application Provider's violation of its agreement with Micro Focus, or any governmental restriction or court order. Micro Focus may, without prior notice or liability to you, remove, disable access to, block, or modify remotely any Applications previously downloaded by you from the Marketplace. In such event, you may need to contact the Application Provider for further action or access.
7. MICRO FOCUS HAS THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE TERMS: Micro Focus reserves the right to modify these Participation Terms at its sole discretion at any time. Any such modification will be effective upon Micro Focus notifying you prior to your continued use or access of the Marketplace. Your continued use of the Marketplace after such notice will constitute your binding acceptance of the Agreement as revised.
8. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Support of an Application is solely as agreed by you and either (i) the applicable third-party Application Provider or (ii) Micro Focus in cases where it is the Application Provider. Micro Focus does not provide support for third-party Applications. For any issues or questions concerning specific third-party Applications, please contact the Application Provider.
9. CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH APPLICATIONS: You acknowledge and agree that certain Applications may provide access to products, services, web content or other third-party materials (together, "Third-Party Content") and that Micro Focus is not responsible for such Third-Party Content. Micro Focus makes no representations or warranties regarding such Third-Party Content.
10. REVIEWS: Micro Focus, in its sole discretion, may permit users to post reviews of Applications on the Marketplace. Such reviews reflect the opinions of the reviewers and not Micro Focus, and Micro Focus makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the reviews. You agree that Micro Focus shall have no liability to you if you rely on the reviews to download or use an Application. Micro Focus reserves the right to, but has no obligation to, remove reviews that Micro Focus deems irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate for any reason. If you post a review, you hereby grant Micro Focus a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable and sub-licensable, irrevocable, royalty-free license to make, use, sell, market, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the review in any manner and for any purpose. You acknowledge that your personally identifiable information may be associated with your review unless you post the review anonymously. If you post a review, you agree not to post, publish or transmit any material that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another's privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes on another's rights, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or criminal liability.
12. INDEMNIFICATION: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Micro Focus, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents (including without limitation its parent company, Micro Focus International plc and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents) harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of your breach of these Participation Terms, your use of the Marketplace, or your use of any Applications downloaded from the Marketplace.
13. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMERS: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE MARKETPLACE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT ACCESS TO THE MARKETPLACE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE. MICRO FOCUS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MARKETPLACE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FAULT-TOLERANT OR ERROR FREE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICRO FOCUS AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY, CORRESPONDENCE WITH DESCRIPTION, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE MICRO FOCUS EULA FOR AN APPLICATION AS TO WHICH MICRO FOCUS IS THE APPLICATION PROVIDER, MICRO FOCUS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS," WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY MICRO FOCUS.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
15. GLOBAL TRADE COMPLIANCE: You agree to comply with the trade-related laws and regulations of the U.S. and other national governments. If you export, import or otherwise transfer Applications provided under these Participation Terms, you will be responsible for obtaining any required export or import authorizations. You confirm that you are not located in a country that is subject to trade control sanctions (currently Cuba, Iran, N. Korea, N. Sudan, and Syria) and further agree that you will not retransfer the Applications to any such country. Micro Focus may suspend its performance under these Participation Terms to the extent required by laws applicable to either party.
16. TERM AND TERMINATION: These Participation Terms are effective until terminated. Micro Focus may terminate these Participation Terms in whole or as it applies to your use of any Application if you breach any of these Participation Terms. You may terminate it at any time by ceasing to use the Marketplace, provided that any terms relating to your use of each Application will survive unless and until you destroy all copies of such Application and related documentation. Some jurisdictions do not allow the termination of this type of Agreement, so the above provision may be limited in its application to you. In addition, Micro Focus reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Marketplace (or any part or content thereof) at any time with or without notice to you, and Micro Focus will not be liable to you or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
17. GOVERNING LAW: These Participation Terms, as well as any claims or causes of action, whether in contract, tort or statute, based on, arising under or relating hereto, will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any conflict of law rule or other rule that could result in the application of laws of a different jurisdiction. The parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Delaware. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. The prevailing party in any proceeding has the right to recover costs and reasonable attorneys' fees as awarded by the court or arbitrator.
18. ENFORCEMENT: Micro Focus reserves the right to take any steps it believes to be reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of these Participation Terms. You agree that Micro Focus has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any information relating to your use of the Marketplace to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, as Micro Focus believes in good faith is appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of these Participation Terms.
19. SURVIVAL: Sections 2 (Limited Role of Micro Focus), 4 (Invoices and Payment), 5 (Restrictions), 8 (Customer Service), 9 (Content Accessed Through Applications), 10 (Reviews), 11 (Collection of User Data), 12 (Indemnification), 13 (Warranty and Disclaimers), 14 (Limitation of Liability), 17 (Governing Law), 18 (Enforcement) will survive any expiration or termination of these Participation Terms.
20. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Participation Terms represent our entire understanding with respect to their subject matter and supersede any previous communication or agreements that may exist. Except as expressly specified herein, modifications to these Participation Terms may be made only through a written amendment signed by both parties. A failure by Micro Focus to exercise, or a delay in Micro Focus' exercise of, its rights hereunder is not a waiver of those rights.
This document sets out the Group's strategy for managing its tax affairs. The document will be published externally in accordance with recently enacted UK legislation prior to the end of the first applicable accounting period commencing 1 May 2017 and re-issued on an annual basis thereafter.
Overall responsibility for the Tax Strategy rests with the Board.
The detailed policies for implementing the Tax Strategy are set out in the Group's Tax Policy document. Responsibility for updating and implementing the Tax Policy rests with the Chief Financial Officer.
The Audit Committee monitors compliance with the Tax Strategy and reports / makes recommendations to the Board accordingly.
The Tax Strategy is kept under ongoing review and is subject to formal review by the Board at least once a year.
The Group's strategy with regards to tax is:
The Group's tax strategy is fully consistent with the CBI's tax principles for UK business (attached).
Further details are set below.
Compliance and engagement with tax authorities
The Group will pay the amount of tax legally due in each territory.
Where the application of tax law is unclear, the Group will obtain appropriate professional advice which will support the position taken in the relevant tax return.
The Group will develop good working relationships and be fully open, honest and transparent in its dealings with HMRC in the UK and other tax authorities. The Group will aim to meet with HMRC on a formal basis at least annually to update them on business developments and significant ongoing / forthcoming projects. The Group will cooperate fully with enquiries raised by tax authorities and aim to respond to requests for information within one month of receipt; where that is not possible, we will discuss the appropriate timeline with the tax authorities.
The Group is committed to managing its tax costs as part of its strategy to maximise total shareholder returns.
The Group issues guidance to investors and other stakeholders with regards to its forecast Adjusted Effective Tax Rate (being the tax charge in respect of the Adjusted Profit Before Tax divided by the Adjusted Profit Before Tax, in percentage terms) in the medium term. This is for stakeholder information purposes and does not constitute a formal performance target.
All tax planning undertaken must be driven by a business purpose or commercial rationale and support the Group's business objectives. The Group will only enter into transactions which are fully justifiable in the event of scrutiny by the Group's wider stakeholders.
The Group will be fully open, honest and transparent with tax authorities with regards to all tax planning undertaken.
Tax risks will be managed in accordance with the Group's risk management framework and procedures. This includes the maintenance of a tax risk register, which sets out the material tax risks faced by the Group. This will be reviewed by the Audit Committee at least twice per year.
The tax implications of all major transactions (for example M&A transactions, corporate structure changes, and cross-border intra-group transactions) will be reviewed in advance by the Group Tax team with appropriate support from external advisors.
The Group will ensure that all decisions are taken at the appropriate level with appropriate supporting documentation. As part of the decision-making process, due consideration will be given to the Group's reputation and corporate and social responsibilities.
The Group accepts that certainty of tax treatment cannot be achieved in all circumstances (in the context of both compliance and planning). The precise amount of tax risk the Group is willing to bear will depend on the facts and circumstances relevant to the issue under consideration. The level of tax risk, which the Group is exposed to overall, is considered as part of the review of the tax risk register and the level of provisions for tax exposures in the Group's financial statements.
The Group's financial reports, stakeholder presentations and other publicly-available documentation will provide stakeholders with a clear understanding of the Group's tax position, including its tax strategy and governance processes as well as the financial position (effective tax rate, taxes paid and tax assets/liabilities).
This statement of principles is intended to promote and affirm responsible business tax management by UK businesses. These principles are based on five key observations:
Relationships between UK businesses and HMRC should be transparent, constructive, and based on mutual trust with the result that HMRC should treat business fairly and with respect, and with an appropriate focus on areas of risk. UK businesses should, therefore: