"User Submissions" means any feedback, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials we permit to be uploaded, posted, or otherwise provided to Our Websites. “Forums” means any areas of Our Websites (blogs, bulletin boards, chat rooms, customer ratings, review areas, community and support forums, or similar areas) that permit You to provide User Submissions. You must follow Our Acceptable Use Policy whenever you participate in Forums or provide User Submissions.
We do not guarantee that You will have any recourse through Us or any third party to edit or delete any User Submission You have provided. We make no representation or warranty as to the nature, quality, reliability, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any User Submission. User Submissions express the views of their authors and not necessarily Our views. Any user who finds a posted message to be objectionable is encouraged to contact Us as directed below.
You may not provide any User Submission, participate in any Forum, or otherwise use Our Websites in a manner that We determine, in our sole discretion:
- Violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law, including, without limitation, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising;
- Violates or otherwise encroaches on the rights of others, including, but not limited to, infringing or misappropriating any intellectual property or proprietary right of another;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees;
- Incorporates materials from a third-party web site, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than Your own);
- Forges any TCP-IP packet header, e-mail header, or any part of a message header;
- Attacks or insults another Forum user or administrator or moderator of a Forum;
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rules of social media sites, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- Advocates or induces illegal activity;
- Stalks, harasses, or harms anyone;
- Impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Modifies, alters, tampers with, repairs, or otherwise creates derivative works of any software included in the Services (except to the extent software included in the Services is provided to Customer under a separate license that expressly permits the creation of derivative works);
- Except to the extent allowed by local law, reverse engineers, disassembles, or decompiles the Services or software included in the Services;
- Interferes with or disrupts any Website or any Services or servers or networks connected to the Services;
- Uses any high-volume automated means (including robots, spiders, scripts or similar data gathering or extraction methods) to access any Website or any Services or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Services (each a "System");
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Services or any System, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means; or
- Violates the security or integrity of any computer system.
You represent and warrant that Your User Submissions:
- Are not, nor may they reasonably be considered to be, deceptive; vulgar; sexually explicit; pornographic; obscene; harmful; defamatory; libelous; hateful; racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise abusive, biased or offensive; unlawfully threatening; unlawfully harassing; invasive of another's privacy; or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable;
- Do not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer code or content designed or likely to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
- Do not contain any information that may be considered confidential, proprietary, non-public, or personal information about Micro Focus or any other entity or individual (e.g., telephone numbers and other protected personal data of individuals, Social Security numbers, non-public health or financial information, etc.) without all legally required authorization;
- Do not contain or constitute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including solicitation of lawsuits (links to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by Us in Our sole discretion); and
- Do not interfere with the operation of the Forum or with a fellow user's message box, including, without limitation, interference via mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
By participating in any Forum (including by sending messages), providing any User Submission, or otherwise using Our Websites, You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 13 years old;
- No information contained in Your User Submission is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of Your User Submissions;
- You voluntarily waive all "moral rights" that You may have in Your User Submission; and
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting Your User Submission.
By providing a User Submission, You grant Us an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid up, worldwide, royalty-free license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to:
- Use, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display Your User Submission (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed, including, without limitation, incorporation into any technology, product, or service;
- Use portions of Your User Submission to rerecord or modify any audio tracks or visual images you provide, to rewrite any Materials you submit, and/or to combine other materials, either created by Us or third parties, with Your User Submissions
- Use, sell, offer to sell, make, have made, and import your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercial purposes) that We deem appropriate in Our sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate Your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service); and
- Display advertisements in connection with your User Submission and to use Your User Submission for advertising and promotional purposes.
We are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Further,
Monitoring and Enforcement
While not obligated to do so, We may:
- Terminate access to a Forum at any time, for any reason;
- Monitor, pre-screen, verify, or edit User Submissions;
- Monitor any Forums;
- Investigate violations of this Acceptable Use Policy or misuse of Our Websites, Products or Services;
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other illegal, malicious, or inappropriate activity;
- Remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that We believe violates this Acceptable Use Policy or any other agreement We have with You; or
- Suspend or terminate provision of Products and Services to You for uses that violate this Acceptable Use Policy or any other agreement We have with You.
We retain the sole discretion to decide whether any User Submission or Your use of a Website or Service is prohibited. All User Submissions that are provided to Us or actions that are performed via Your account, whether provided or performed by You or someone involved in Your business (such as Your employees, contractors or customers and end users) are Your sole responsibility.
We may report any activity that We suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate information that You may have provided. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this AUP.
We reserve the right to update this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. You agree by Your use of Our Websites, to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy as so revised at the time of Your use.
You can report abuse of this Acceptable Use Policy to https://software.microfocus.com/contact/general.
If you has any questions or suggestions regarding this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact Us at https://software.microfocus.com/contact/general..