Security assessment can help you lay the foundation of your security center capabilities.
Consider key questions that are inevitable prior to building a security center:
- Can you define the needs that the center will meet for the organization?
- What are the specific tasks that will be assigned to the security center?
- Who are the users of the information collected and analyzed by the security center?
- Who is the ultimate project sponsor for the security center?
- What types of security events will eventually be fed into the security center for monitoring?