PlateSpin® Protect (formerly NetIQ PlateSpin Protect) is disaster recovery software that uses virtual infrastructure capacity to protect both physical and virtual workloads. It delivers mirroring-like RTO and RPO performance at a price point approaching tape.
Looking for a disaster recovery hardware appliance with all the features of PlateSpin Protect? Visit PlateSpin Forge.
- Virtualized server replicas. In the event of an outage, the replica runs on the VM host until the production environment is restored.
- Protect multiple servers. Simultaneously protect multiple physical and virtual servers.
- Uninterrupted uptime during testing. Test the failover workload without interfering with your production environment.
- Failover options. Failback failover workloads to their original or to completely new infrastructures, physical or virtual.
- Use existing storage. Take advantage of SANs and other existing external storage solution.
Virtual machines deliver incredibly fast recovery performance because the backup media is also the recovery environment.
PlateSpin Protect leverages patented technology to recover your workloads to any available server—physical or virtual—including operating systems, middleware, and data.
Quickly create snapshot duplicates of the recovery archives and boot them into safe sandbox test networks for easy, fast, and—more importantly—safe testing.