Unlike other mobile file access and collaborative file sharing solutions, Micro Focus Filr (formerly Novell Filr) has been designed with the enterprise in mind, resulting in less administration, better security, and more productive users.
- Data anywhere, anytime: Enhanced mobile features mean you can work anywhere.
- Looks familiar: Designed like social media, Filr has an easy-to-use format.
- Safety backup: Filr can remotely wipe data from devices that get lost or stolen.
Filr Standard Edition
- Improved branding: Filr 3.0 will be completely branded with Micro Focus's sharp blue colors and icons.
- Device registration and remote wiping: You will be able to see all the devices that are used to login to Filr. With Filr 3.0, if a device is lost, Filr can remotely wipe Filr's files from the lost device.
- Online Update with Filr 3.0: You get all the future Filr updates on your appliance admin console. You can then decide to install the updates at your convenience.
- Terms and conditions for external users: Meet your organizations regulatory requirements when granting external users access to Filr. Filr 3.0 provides the option to put in your organizations terms and conditions and enforce that the external users accept it before they can access the files.
- More security: Filr 3 provides an option to encrypt the data transfer between Filr VA and Filr database.
Filr Advanced Edition: Will contain all of the features of Standard and these two features:
- Net Folder sharing: Net Folders are where projects teams work most. With Filr 3.0, users will be able to share Net Folder with other team members and external users based on the rules defined by Filr.
- Custom branding Filr mobile & desktop clients: With Filr 3.0 you are now able to customize all Filr clients to match your own corporate branding.
Filr enables you and your IT staff to determine which users are allowed to share files, which files they can share, and with whom they can share them.
You’ve already set up your access rights, quotas, firewalls, backup, and disaster recovery systems. Filr leverages all of that by working with your file servers and Active Directory or NetIQ eDirectory™.
Make users productive from day one. Filr gives users access to all their files and shared network folders from any device or location. Wherever they are, users can access files and folders as if they’re in the office.
There are other file syncing and sharing solutions on the market. Here's why Filr is better.
See how the different versions of Filr compare here.
In the niche market for turbine engines, TWIN MRO found that Novell, now a part of Micro Focus, had products that were flexible and great for mobile use.Read full story ›
The University of Regensburg in Germany uses Micro Focus Filr because of its seamless access to files from any location or device.Watch the video ›
To achieve a secure and efficient environment, Rocco Forte Hotel uses Filr and Micro Focus iPrint in synchronization for a better workplace.Watch the video ›