This Novell Sentinel Connector allows you to connect to SAP event sources and collect generated events. Sentinel must be installed and operational before attempting to use this Connector. For further information, refer to the helpfile included in the plug-in.
Suggested for you are based on app category, product compatibility, popularity, rating and newness. Some apps may not show based on entitlements. Learn more about entitlements.
Fixed the connector to get proper JSON encoded string. (Bug 1077625)
Bug 944998 - The SAP XAL Connector cannot retrieve events using the latest version of the SAP Java Connector JAR file provided by SAP.
Issue: The SAP XAL Connector cannot retrieve events using the latest version of the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) files i.e., sapjco3.jar and libsapjco3.so which are provided by SAP. A "NoClassDefFoundError" message is logged in the server/collector manager log.
Fix: The SAP XAL Connector can now retrieve events using the latest version of the SAP JCo files which are provided by SAP. A "NoClassDefFoundError" message is no longer logged.
Bug 878843 - SAP connector activity causes stat files on application server to grow extremely large
Issue: The frequency at which SAP Connector Data Process queries for data is high. Consequently, the SAP server writes statistics very often. This causes the stats file (SAP log file for statistics) to increase in size quickly.
Fix: The frequency at which the SAP Connector Data Process queries for data can now be decreased using a property named "dataCheckInterval" added to the "sapconn.props" properties file.
1. Launch "Sentinel Control Center > Event Source Management > Live View" and upgrade the SAP Connector to the preview build.
2. In the Sentinel server/Collector Manager machine where the connector is deployed, change to the "/var/opt/novell/sentinel/data/server.cache/CONNECTOR/" directory which has the most recent modification time stamp.
For example: cd /var/opt/novell/sentinel/data/server.cache/CONNECTOR/SAP_XAL_9C009F0CBAAA442485689565442560CD_2392836455890012579
3. Open the "sapconn.props" file, append a property called "dataCheckInterval" and set it to "10 seconds" as follows:
dataCheckInterval=10 ==> common data check interval for all event sources in seconds OR dataCheckInterval.=10 ==> data check interval for a specific event source in seconds, overrides the common data check interval
NOTE: You can set the "dataCheckInterval" property to a value higher than 10 seconds if required.
4. Restart the Sentinel service as follows:
5. After the Sentinel service restarts successfully, the frequency at which the SAP Connector Data Process queries for data should be reduced to the configured "dataCheckInterval" of say "10 seconds" compared to the earlier observed interval of around "25 milliseconds". This should reduce the size of the SAP stats file.
Note: For installation, and configuration refer the plug-in documentation available at the Sentinel Plug-ins Website.
Please upgrade to one of the following broswers: Internet Explorer 11 (or greater) or the latest version of Chrome or Firefox