Micro Focus File Reporter (formerly Novell File Reporter) inventories network file systems and delivers the detailed file storage intelligence you need to optimize and secure your network for efficiency and compliance.
- Security reports: Assigned Windows and OES permissions, permissions by path, and permissions by identity.
- Data reports: Summary, disk quota, storage cost, and comparison reports.
- Built-in reports: 20 easy-to-generate security and data report types.
- Custom Query Reports: Create customized reports using a series of SQL commands.
- Graphical analytics: Analyze data quickly using a variety of graphical tools.
Identify the precise file storage or file security information you need through 20 built-in reports or Custom Query Reports.
File Reporter helps you quickly discover who in the organization has access to a particular folder or file on the network and how that access was derived. Determine every file that a specific user can access.
Generate reports detailing the files being stored on potentially petabytes of network storage. Use this information to then initiate measures to retain, restrict access to, move, archive, or delete the data.
An objective of file analysis is getting your “data glut” under control. It begins with defining the contents of your “dark data,” and then determining which files to retain, which files to archive, and which files to delete.
Read how Storage Manager is part of a Micro Focus product solution that is enabling collaborative development and research.Read full story ›
Read how this school district is saving hundreds of hours each year in provisioning student and faculty network storage.Read full story ›