Wondering which servers to virtualize? How many host servers to buy? Which virtual machines go on which hosts? Or how to properly plan and size your disaster recovery environment? PlateSpin® Recon (formerly NetIQ PlateSpin Recon) is a virtualization planning tool for complex server consolidation and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Utilization profiling. Track CPU, disk, memory, and network utilization.
- Identify underused resources. Find out what’s underutilized in your virtualized environment so you can assign those resources where it makes sense.
- Multi-platform environments. Enterprise-scale analysis across Windows, Linux, and UNIX servers.
- Remote data collection. Gather inventory and support data from anywhere your servers are located.
Based on data from criteria that you define, PlateSpin Recon creates actionable data. It uses the most accurate utilization profiling to maximize consolidation ratios and recovery capabilities while minimizing resource contention.
PlateSpin Recon gives you the intelligence to succeed.
- Virtualize or back up more servers onto fewer hosts
- Lower power consumption
- Free up rack space in your data center
- Meet recovery time and recovery point objectives
Are you relying on best guesses to identify underused physical servers and virtual hosts or to size your disaster recovery environment? PlateSpin Recon's unique server profiling tracks actual CPU, disk, memory, and network utilization over time on both physical servers and virtual hosts.
PlateSpin Recon's Virtual Capacity Management finds underused resources in your virtualized IT environment and lets you reclaim or reassign allocated resources.
With PlateSpin Recon you get a true enterprise-scale server analysis, planning, and management solution that works across multiple platforms.
PlateSpin Recon gave the DTI the concrete data it needed to build its server virtualization strategy, with consolidation scenarios showing how the peaks and troughs of virtual servers would combine.Read full story ›