Gain insight across the end-to-end release lifecycle with Release Control. View dashboards, calendars and unified timelines release trains, application releases, and deployment environments. Quickly identify problem trends, issues, or potential schedule delays with comprehensive activity reports and real time status.
Micro Focus Release Control provides best-practice templates that can easily be customized to align with existing release policies. The centralized, single system of record for planning, scheduling, and approvals makes it easy to track milestones and stage gates across all release trains, applications releases, and teams.
Release Control unifies deployment processes and release task lists by automating large-volume, highly repetitive tasks across systems, tools, and teams. Capture manual and automated deployment tasks and environmental information across teams. Deployment tasks can be collected from teams and saved for reuse, and then automatically scheduled and executed across all environments.
Enterprise-wide release management involves teams from different organizations, locations, and even cultures. This environment tends to create barriers and silos that breed uncertainty and even distrust. Frequent communication breakdowns can result in failed release deployments.
DevOps stresses communication, collaboration, and integration between teams. Technology and process must connect these teams to ensure that development knowledge is embedded in operations and operational knowledge is embedded in development. Release Control’s social views help dev and ops teams get instant access to each other, providing rapid feedback and reducing issue resolution time.
Release Control is a highly scalable, secure, customer-proven platform.
- Global, large-scale deployments. N-tier architecture allows both vertical and horizontal scalability with servers and endpoints. It supports cross-network boundaries requiring only low bandwidth WAN connections.
- Enterprise-grade security. Role-based security supports LDAP and Active Directory authentication to align with enterprise security policies. Privileged access is not required for endpoint deployments.
- High availability and failover. Platform dynamically switches from one server to another in the event of system failure.
Whether you are deploying a new application or delivering a single patch, Release Control is a comprehensive solution to manage the application release management lifecycle from development through deployment into production.
- Formalize processes for planning and tracking progress
- Gain greater visibility into processes
- Enforce release policies
Release Control is the only system that can track releases across both mainframe and distributed systems.
- Automate error-prone manual task lists and time-consuming deployments
- Coordinate enterprise-scale application releases across distributed organizations to ensure a repeatable, reliable, and predictable release management process
- Plan and orchestrate release management activities across multiple development teams leveraging a variety of tools and development systems
Release Control provides a dashboard of key performance indicators (KPIs) and nearly 50 ready-to-use reports to help make impactful business decisions and accelerate delivery.
- Configure reports and dashboards to provide complete visibility to all stakeholders
- Pinpoint deployment issues and remediate problems faster
- Maintain a single source of truth to keep the entire team aligned
Schedule, manage, track, and control all of the test and pre-production environments in the application release lifecycle.
- Commission and decommission pre-production environments
- Ensure deployment environments are there when needed
- Accelerate the release lifecycle during critical test phases
- Reduce the risk of release and production failures
How is Micro Focus Release Control different?
If you’re evaluating a solution for deployment automation and release management, consider these key factors that differentiate Micro Focus from other vendors.