Define requirements with the ease of working in MS Word and Excel with the additional benefits of a managed database environment. Describe requirements using hierarchies and traceability to reflect relationships. Caliber Author automatically tracks versions, history, and relationship impacts in the background as business needs change and requirements evolve.
- Capture, organize, relate, and prioritize requirements
- Establish a single record of truth for requirements using the centralized database
- Use editors, grids, diagrams, and matrices to accomplish complex tasks
- Enter data in rich text, tables, images, OLE objects, and HTML
- View feedback, reporting, baselining, and version and baseline comparisons
- Create Agile user stories and push them directly to your Agile tool of choice
- Manage requirement changes and ensure that updates have appropriate approvals
- Compare baselines to see what has been added, deleted, changed, or moved
- View, add, or reply to discussions between stakeholders
- Compare any two requirement versions to view the differences
Depict business flows or scenarios and create functional wireframes or simulations to depict requirements. Use Storyboards to capture business and process flows using steps, decisions, swimlanes, and actors. Caliber creates simulations to capture application flow and screen mockups using flows, steps, decisions, screens, and custom logic.
- Capture processes, workflows, and designs
- Create, color-code, and assign actors to individual activities or decisions in scenarios
- Construct scenarios to include activity steps, decisions, actors, and swimlanes
- Use wireframing and logic controls to quickly mock-up a working application
- Leverage storyboards to walk through a scenario process one step at a time
- Automatically generate test cases for previously defined scenarios or simulations
Once requirements have been defined and organized they must be socialized to a larger stakeholder group for review and approval. Caliber Review provides an intuitive interface for all stakeholders to view or discuss defined requirements and visualizations.
- Provide a formal approval and sign-off of defined requirements
- Ensure that requirements are traced and are clear of impacts to previous changes
- Create and maintain baselines until they are locked for signature
- Track threaded discussions pertaining to a requirement, scenario, or simulation element
- Apply electronic signatures to any baseline that has been locked
- Make a trace for an individual requirement or create a To/From trace to other requirements
Work smarter, not harder, by using previously created scenarios to automatically generate test cases that cover all unique functional flows throughout the system. Micro Focus Silk Central provides real-time integration with Caliber to generate test cases from within the testing tool.