Micro Focus Academic Training Partner Program Overview
As computing infrastructures grow ever more complex, the task of finding cost effective industry standard training courses to educate the next generation of IT professionals is becoming more challenging for academic sites.
The purpose of this program is to provide academic institutions Micro Focus training materials for inclusion into their academic curricula and for internal staff development. It is important to Micro Focus that academic institutions help their students and staff develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of our industry standard products and solutions. This will help them to prepare for and advance their careers in the IT industry.
Is possible for the single department or school, a specified groups of department or an entire institution to join the program. Flexibility is a key part of this program.
Who is Eligible to Take Part in this Program?
Schools or Universities
- A school, college or university which is accredited, recognizedand/or approved by the government;
- A supervisory organization of qualified schools or other educational institutions;
- A local council department of education;
- A preschool, day school, or after school activity center which is accredited, recognized and/or approved by the government
Need all of the following:
- A non-profit research organization;
- A research organization having its primary affiliation with an accredited degree-granting college or university that would be eligible for participation in this Addendum under point 1 above;
- A research organization with a formally documented teaching affiliation with an accredited degree-granting College or University.
Education Public Facilities
- A museum
- A library
Need all of the following:
- A non-profit teaching hospital;
- An educational hospital having its primary affiliation with an accredited degree-granting college or university that would be eligible for participation in this Addendum under point 1 above;
- An educational hospital having a formally documented teaching affiliation with either a nationally accredited medical school for a clerkship, internship, or residency program for medical students or a nationally accredited nursing school which grants a degree in registered, or the licensed practice of, nursing.
- No fee is required to be part of the program once your eligibility has been confirmed.
- Access to the full online On-demand Training Library to help train your staff.
- Ability to use Micro Focus course materials for staff development.
- Access to the benefits of the Partner Program – see www.microfocus.com/partners.
- Ability to use all or parts of any existing course provided within the curriculum.
- Ability to create new courses using parts of the material provided.
- Ability to print your own manuals or purchase printed manuals at special reduced pricing.
- Provision of Virtual Machines with pre-configured software environments and Micro Focus licenses to allow you to build your own as the need arises.
- The ability to become a Testing Partner.
- Access to the additional resources available to Training Partners.
- Automatic membership in the TTP academic support community – www.thettp.org.
- Become part of the growing community of academics teaching industry recognized materials to its staff and students.
How to Join the Program
There are several stages to joining the Academic Training Partner Program
First you must join the Micro Focus Partner Program as a Training Partner.
Once your Partner application has been reviewed and verified that your organization meets the requirements to join the program, an email will be sent to confirm your membership and request.
The final stage will be detailed in your confirmation email and will require you to supply contact names for people at your site.