Perform the following tasks to define a metamodel extension with Architecture Modeler:
- Load an existing metamodel.
- Save the metamodel with the name of your extension.
- Add a sample source file of the type you want to support in
- Define the entity types for the add-on.
- Define the relationship types for the add-on.
- Map search patterns for the entity and relationship instances you want the parser to extract.
- Export the model to
Before turning to these tasks, users who are new to
EA may want to familiarize themselves with the concepts underlying the
EA metamodel. Experienced users can skip straight to the tasks.