To create a custom report:
- Select objects from the Repository Browser.
Note: You can select objects from different projects with different object types. If you don't select files but a project, the report
will be run for all programs in it.
from the Reports menu or from the context menu in the Repository Browser.
- When the Reports window opens, click
Create New Custom Report.
- From the dropdown menu at the top of the Code Search Reports window, you can select
<New Report> or previously-created reports (if any).
- Select categories and subcategories of queries from the tree structure in the Code Searches tab and/or the Repository Queries
tab. Note that when you select a category, you automatically select all it subcategories.
Only show queries for project/object types is checked by default and the queries displayed in the tree structure are only the ones for the project/object types that
you have selected. If you uncheck this option, all possible queries will be displayed.
Only show selected queries for saved reports is checked and you have selected an already saved report from the list at the top, only the queries selected for it will
be displayed. If you are creating a new report, all queries are shown in the tree.
- Click the
Preview Report button to add categories to the report, add queries to a category or change the order of the queries.
- In the
Report name field write a name for the custom report or use the default one. The report name must be unique and not used for any other
- Select a save location for the report. The default one is the
Output\CodeSearchReports folder of the workspace.
- From the options below you can choose if you want to generate an HTML report and if you want to make the report available
to other users.
- If you select to generate an HTML report, you can also select to generate a summary report which will show the differences
between an older report an a new one.
Save to save the report.
Run to save and run the report.
Note: The report is generated in a folder with the same name as the report. It has a date/time stamp so as to avoid overwriting.
Note: The last ten reports that were run will be saved and you can access them from the Repository Browser by right-clicking and
Code Search Reports > Code Search Reports > Custom. Running the report a report from the list of previously-created reports will show results but no report file will be generated.