This is the basic sequence of events that is followed when a job is submitted into a JES batch region.
- The JCL job is submitted to the listener on the MFBINP port associated with the target region from one of the following tools:
- The administration GUI
- A scheduler using the public API interfaces
- The listener receives the job and sends it to the dispatcher.
- The dispatcher queues the submission request.
- Either the dispatcher tells a SEP to retrieve the job or a SEP picks up the request automatically if it is busy.
The SEP parses the job doing all the prerequisite checks.
- If the job is successfully parsed, the job is queued for execution.
- The listener is sent the appropriate good or bad response which is returned to the client.
- The event monitor is notified that a job is ready for execution.
At this point the submission process is complete.