cassub parameter parameter . .
This command can be used to submit JCL to either a native Enterprise Server or
Enterprise Server for .NET JES region. However, only a sub-set of the command line parameters supported by native Enterprise Server are supported when
used for job submission to an
Enterprise Server for .NET JES region. The parameters supported by
Enterprise Server for .NET are detailed below.
- URL of the JES region to connect to, where
host is the name of the machine running the communications listener process and
port is the MFBINP port associated with the region.
This parameter must be specified. For example:
- Name of the file containing the JCL to be submitted. The contents of the file are sent to the JES region
- The version of the job control system to use, where
version is one of the following values:
- JES2 (default)
- Name of the file containing the JCL to be submitted. The file name is sent to the JES region.
N.B. this option should be used with care when the region is scaled-out across multiple machines as the file location may
not be available to all machines
- Submit a JES2 job by content
cassub.exe -slocalhost:9022 -jc:\mydir\myfile.jcl
- Submit a JES2 job by reference
casout.exe -slocalhost:9022 -xc:\mydir\myfile.jcl
- Submit a VSE job by content
cassub.exe -slocalhost:9022 -jc:\mydir\myvsefile.jcl -v1