You should be aware of the following limitations when using
Enterprise Server with containers:
- Java is supported from version 8 update 162 onwards.
- It is not possible to containerize COBOL applications using lightweight operating systems such as CoreOS Container Linux,
SUSE MicroOS and Alpine Linux.
- It is not possible to run COBOL applications in containers on Linux on PowerPC or S/390 chipsets.
Enterprise Server is supported for use with Docker on the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 or later
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 or later
Enterprise Server is supported for use with OCI-compliant container tools (such as podman, buildah, skopeo, and runc) on the following operating
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or later
Micro Focus Products
- It is not possible to containerize a COBOL application that runs under
Enterprise Server for .NET
- If a region is hosted within a container which does not or cannot expose its internal network addresses, the
Micro Focus Enterprise Server Common Web Administration interface will be unable to connect to the started region's ESMAC/monitor configuration unless the MFDS_EXTERNAL_ADDR environment
variable is set within the container to an externally contactable address.