Use this page to change configurable attributes of a communications process.
To access this page:
- On the Listeners screen, in the Communications process area, click
- Control Channel Address
Specify the network address used by the communications process to accept incoming client requests. The format is:
- protocol is tcp.
- ip-address is either the text host name or IP address of the communications process. An asterisk (*) indicates that the address is dynamically
assigned for the communications process when it starts.
- port is the port value. An asterisk (*) indicates that the port is dynamically assigned for the communications process when it
If this network address is not unique in the repository, this may cause communications process startup problems.
- Secure Sockets Layer
Check this to enable Transport Layer Security (TLS/SSL), which provides encrypted communication between server and client
applications and authentication of online entities.
Passphrases for communication processes certificates must be provided in the communication process configuration file (mf-server.dat
To Configure the Passphrase in a File
in the chapter
Setting Up Secure Communications
In order for MFDS to be able to communicate with MFCS via TLS (SSL), MFDS must have the environment variable MFDS_server_CAROOT where
server is the name of the Enterprise Server instance. The environment variable specifies the full file path of the CA root certificate
used to sign the control channel's certificates.
- Specify the absolute path and filename for your server certificate - for example,
srvcert.pem. The server certificate proves your identity to people you communicate with online and enables them to send you data in encrypted
- Specify the absolute path and filename for your private key file - for example,
srvkey.pem. The private key is used to decrypt encrypted data you receive.
- Server CA Root Certificate
- This is the absolute file path to the CA root certificate used to sign the control channel's certificates.
Note: MFDS requires this to enable it to communicate with MFCS via TLS (SSL). If the MFDS_server_CAROOT environment variable has been specified then it takes precedence over the
Server CA Root Certificate value.
- Configuration Information
Optional, specify textual configuration information that determines the start-up and run-time behavior of the communications
process. You cannot change this field if the enterprise server has a status of "Started". For details of the valid entries,
Editing Communications Settings in the chapter
Configuring Client-Server Communications.